Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer Baby Showers

This summer I threw two baby showers for two sweet friends.

It was a lot of fun.

I mean, give me a theme, and I'll go with it!


Baby Boy Shower
Theme:  Preppy/Bowtie/Little Man
Colors: Navy, green, grey
Food:  Bowtie pasta, bowtie brownies, artichoke dip with bread/crackers, spinach salad, green apples with caramel dip, chocolate-dipped pretzels, lemon/blueberry trifle.



 I made these bowties which are removeable and are attached on clips for a little boy collar.  (My friend, Michelle, made the cute diaper cake!)



 My friend, Terri, made the banner and helped with the delicious food.  Baby showers MUST have delicious food!


  Favors had York and M&M candies in pillow boxes topped with "bowties" that I superglued on.



Baby Girl Shower
Theme:  Picnic/Ladybug
Colors:  Red & White
Food:  Fruit parfaits in waffle bowls, strawberry/spinach salad, sugar cookies, cake ball truffles, homemade bread & jam, potato salad.

 Our friend, Anne, made the favors and the cute labels.






 The jars were homemade strawberry jam which were the prizes for the games.

 Our friend, Emily, made this darling rag garland.

 The "Welcome Wagon" for little baby girl.


1 comment:

Wilson Family said...

Yay! You are back to blogging! I loved getting caught up with your family. Paige is looking so grown up and mature! And I loved your baby shower themes... may be stealing those ideas in the future!